In a world where electronic devices keep becoming more and more expensive, people are turning towards used devices a lot, especially those who are not financially capable of buying expensive models. In this age, plenty of online websites have emerged that allow people to put up their devices for sale and for others to buy.
If you are wondering whether the becoming popular website Swappa is safe to buy used products from, you have come to the right place. In this article we will be talking all about Swappa and if it is safe for you, on the basis of multiple user reviews.
Is Swappa Safe? [Everything You Need to Know]
There is more than one reason supporting the claim that Swappa is the safest place to buy and sell used items. Let’s take a look at those reasons:
- Now there have been plenty of Craigslist robberies, which we are sure you must have heard of. They primarily happen due to the fundamental fault in its model: the buyer and seller meet. However, Swappa is based on a model where they do not have to meet. This makes it one of the safest services to buy and sell used devices online.
- Swappa also has a team of experts that constantly rev their wheels to make sure that each product is just as it has been listed. This establishes a standard of quality and you don’t have to personally filter through the products to verify safety.
- For secure payments, Swappa uses Paypal for its transactions, which provides an easy experience. Additionally, PayPal keeps the buyer info completely secure and in an event that they do not receive what they paid for, a full refund.
In Swappa’s Own Words:
If a seller sells a device with a bad ESN, cracked screen, water damage, or other undescribed problem then they’ve violated Swappa’s terms of service and sold an item fraudulently. You, the buyer, now have recourse, via PayPal’s buyer protection plan, to get your money back.
More than these, if you do look up Swappa’s credibility with users, it is off the charts!
So yes, if you are a user looking to buy a used, cheap iPhone, iPad or any other device, we would recommend you to go for it!
Now that we have talked regarding the safety of buying products at Swappa, let’s do a brief comparison between Swappa and eBay to give you a sense of which marketplace is better in terms of different areas.
Swappa & eBay: A Brief Comparison
Swappa and eBay both are user-to-user marketplaces, that function using PayPal. However, there are some key differences between them that set Swappa apart. Let us take a look:
- Quality: Put simply, you won’t find just any junk up for sale on Swappa. Experts ensure that products at Swappa are Good quality, for a pretty fair price, and is functional. If it doesn’t satisfy the review, Swappa will not allow for it to be put up for sale. At best, gently used products will pass.
- Approved Listings: Swappa does not allow for fraud and scammers to sell on the market. Real humans verify the authenticity of sellers, unlike eBay.
- Customer Support: Swappa provides 24/7/365 customer service provided by real humans, right from the buyer-seller community, to address any and all of your issues. The quality of customer service is higher than that of eBay.
- Get Paid Quickly- Until you receive your money, your listing will not be identified as sold, and the process of getting your money as a seller a fast and efficient one, unlike eBay.
These were some of the key differences between Swappa and eBay.
We hope that by reading this article you were able to understand about Swappa and its safety for use in an emerging marketplace for used products. We would recommend you to go for Swappa, along with tons of its satisfied customers. If you have any further doubts regarding the contents of this article you can drop us a comment below. We will do our best to get back to you with a relevant answer.